The ORTHOPAEDICS DEPARTMENT at SARVODAYA HOSPITAL has been serving people since 1992 aims to
aid bones problems.The orthopaedics doctors at the multi super speciality sarvodaya hospital offers specialized health care for injuries and conditions affecting upper extremities (such as the hands), lower extremities (such as the feet), joints and the spine.
The Department of Orthopaedics is composed of board-certified orthopaedic surgeons who have comprehensive training in orthopaedic problems. Our doctors are specialized in orthopaedics focus on the diagnosis, care and treatment of the musculoskeletal system, which includes:
Medical, physical, rehabilitation and/or surgery are used to treat orthopaedic problems. Orthopaedists work closely with other health care providers and often serve as a consultant to primary care physicians and other specialists.
STATE OF ART : OPERATION THEATRE
Modern OT equipped with Laminar air flow & Image intensifier
1. TRAUMA :Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery is a rich source of instruction and information for physicians in clinical practice and research in the extensive field of orthopaedics and traumatology. Deal with diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system from all fields and aspects of medicine provides:
- Advanced fracture management.
Latest implants (Locking Compression Plates, Inter-lock nails, External fixation)
- Resulting in early mobilization and without plasters.
- Minimal invasive fixation
2. JOINT REPLACEMENT : Joint replacement is the resurfacing of an arthritic or damaged joint incorporating an artificial joint made from prosthetic materials. Total joint replacement helps to relieve pain in the joint caused by damaged or diseased cartilage.
The orthopaedic doctors and staff at the Mountain View Center are ready to work with you to help determine if joint replacement is your best option and will help to improve your quality of life.The majority of joint replacements are perfomed on the following points:
3. ARTHOSCOPY : Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure by which the internal structure of a joint is examined for diagnosis and/or treatment using a tube-like viewing instrument called an arthroscope.The technique of arthroscopy involves inserting the arthroscope, a small tube that contains optical fibers and lenses, through tiny incisions in the skin into the joint to be examined. The arthroscope is connected to a video camera and the interior of the joint is seen on a television monitor. The size of the arthroscope varies with the size of the joint being examined.Our ortho doctors specialize in Synovectomy, Arthrolysis (For Stiff Knees),Menisectomy, ACL and PCL (Ligament reconstruction), Frozen Shoulder (Resistant to Physiotherapy), Rotator Cuff Repair, Acromioplasty.
Our doctor will plan individualized care for the patients.
4. ILIZAROV :The specialists of multi super speciality sarvodaya hospital “Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics” help people with the diseases of bones, muscles, vessels, vertebral column and peripheral nervous system. They hold out hope to those people, who despair of recreating and administer diagnostics and treatment of different traumas and diseases, perform endoprosthetics and height increasing.
Our specialists serves:
- Infected Non-union
Lengthening of Limbs
5. SPINE SURGERY : Spine surgery—whether back or neck surgery—is an advanced treatment option for pain and disability caused by an identifiable lesion in the patient’s anatomy that has not adequately improved with non-surgical treatments. Although spinal arthritis tends to be chronic, the symptoms are rarely progressive and rarely require surgery on the painful spinal joints.
- Spine Fixation
Tuberculosis Spine w/w/o paraplegia- Decompression
- Fixation of Spine Fractures with Pedicle screws & rods
Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
6. HAND SURGERY :Our highly-trained specialists quickly and effectively help relieve pain, discomfort and lack of mobility from arthritis in hands and wrists, broken bones, sports injuries, tendonitis, tennis elbow, and many other conditions of the hand, wrist and elbow.
7. POLIO : Poliomyelitis is a disease caused by infection with the poliovirus. The virus spreads by direct person-to-person contact, by contact with infected mucus or phlegm from the nose or mouth, or by contact with infected feces.
- Antibiotics for urinary tract infections.
Medications for urinary retention.
Moist heat (heating pads, warm towels) to reduce muscle pain and spasms.
Pain killers to reduce headache, muscle pain, and spasms (narcotics are not usually given because they increase the risk of breathing difficulty).
Physical therapy, braces or corrective shoes, or orthopedic surgery to help recover muscle strength and function.
8. Congenital Talipes Equinus Varus Deformity (Ponseti Technique) : The Ponseti method is a safe, efficient treatment for the correction of clubfoot that radically decreases the need for extensive corrective surgery. Furthermore, it can be used successfully in children up to 2 years of age when no previous surgical treatment has been attempted. The decline in extensive clubfoot surgery should encourage efforts to make this method the gold standard in the treatment of clubfoot.